Saturday, September 22, 2007

fire in the disco

I am in a really bizarre mood today. I don’t know if it’s lack of sleep or a food coma because I have been a raging fat ass all week, but I’m giggling to myself like a crazy person.

The giggling has to do with the fact that Kelly compared herself to child star Haley Joel Osment last week, and I just came across his photo online and started laughing hysterically. I can’t stop. It’s like in 7th grade when my friend Amy would write something vile on my folder and I would erupt with uncontrollable laughter, even while my teacher was yelling at me. (I don’t agree with Kelly’s comparison, by the way. But am really glad she made it because it’s making me really happy right now. Also, don’t ask how I came across his photo, it’s a whole thing.)

Tonight I’m going on a double date with my dad and his new girlfriend, and by double date, I mean two couples and myself. The Ultimate Fifth Wheel. I act put out by being single, but honestly I find it amusing. I like joking about it, because to be perfectly honest I don’t have to be single. I just don’t like anyone. Except that that one dude which will pass in a few days as usual.

I generally enjoy being single. I like flirting with whomever, not answering to anyone, never having to hang out with a dude instead of my girlfriends, not being stressed about mind games/mixed signals and having proper alone time--Which this week has been spent compulsively cleaning (which I have decided is releasing my sexual frustrations) and listening to Charlie Mingus.

Oh, and another reason I don’t like dating is because I think the boys I meet these days are trainwrecks. I mean, I’m a trainwreck too but am sick of being the one with goals, or a sense of who I am, or a desire to be (somewhat) of a grown up.
Roeper wrote a column about Peter Pan syndrome taking over American men this week and I couldn’t agree more.

Ok, I need a coffee.

Update: Make that crush thing two weeks. At least.

Update #2: Read Annie's blog It's glorious always.

1 comment:

Tim_kittens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.