Sunday, October 07, 2007

bloody sunday (and i don't mean bloody mary's!)

Well, it has been a bizarre weekend in Chicago. Not only was it 88 degrees today—the hottest October 7 ever on record in this city—but people have been dying like crazy.

I worked all weekend, per usual, and could not sleep at all last night after reporting on 6 fatal shootings, accidents and generally bad situations. I kept tossing and turning, convinced some sniper was outside my window or some creep was itching to drag my corpse into the river.

Today was no better. More deaths, one in the marathon, which was really sad. 302 people hospitalized. Craziness. Despite all that, Tracey and I seriously discussed training for the marathon. Lord knows I need to go for a series of runs.

(I’m supposed to be leaving here in a few minutes? Why am I writing this instead of packing up my things and reading Perez Hilton?)

Ok…real quick:

Still have retarded crush on person I shouldn’t.

Have a bajillion stories I’m working on, sucking out any tiny bit of spare time I have.

Kelly moved out. Which is tragic in several ways.

Robin’s back! Yesss.

I have recently somewhat rekindled a very old flame. Not sure what to make of it yet. Don’t really have time to dwell on it, honestly. But it’s nice. That’s all I’m sayin’ about that.

Oh, and I’m 24.

(Don’t feel a day over 23.)

7 comments:

Tim_kittens said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D. Rock said...

Rekindling is half the fun ... getting out of it when you want is the other half.

Enjoy!

rkkitchen said...

lizen tootse: i dont know who you know and whathaveyou so i assume i got it all wrong and some peeple got the right ideas an im jus some kind of lazy jerk with sweat palms and a knack for body-hair mantainance, but if anyone ever tells you to guard your psyche and recede to the confines of a woman's magazine then you know that either the long-term exposure to patchoulie oils and gemstones has officially burned them out or they are tring to get you ta buy something off them.

that's just me; i'm just sayin.

in life, as soon as you get a little something you got 200 million people telling you what to do with it and where to sign. fuck that. you only have two choices -- you can go for broke or play it down the middle.

you play it down tha middle and you get what you deserve. maybe you get some more. maybe a little less. but close. and you slowly descend into that terminal craziness that comes by knowing that what you WANT is not around. you go for broke and you'll get it. sure. but sometimes you cash in.

anyway i dont know whatimtalking about but yer stories are funnier when they start with "so the other night i was listening to the radio n this guy got poked for sodomizing high-priced dogs on the gold coast when the owners was at work and when they napped the guy he's all like 'i didnt do nothing' it was great" and so on.

if you go back top girl magazines well have nothing to talk about.

selah.

jenny said...

kevin--let's get a drink tonight.

Tim_kittens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim_kittens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angelica said...

Happy late Birthday!

I want to run the marathon too, plus the medal is really nice.